Our specialist Personal Injury Lawyers work on a No win No Fee basis and unlike the majority of other firms allow you to keep 100% of the compensation. Are all highly qualified to work with Scottish law to ensure that you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to. However it it is vital get advice as soon as possible as any delay could put your claim in jeopardy.
Call us now for a FREE consultation on 0800 011 9547
The first thing your Lawyer will do is to correspond with a standard claim letter to the defender (company, person or organization that may be responsible for your injury). This outlines the framework and fine details of your accident and the injury sustained. Your lawyer will also refer a relevant expert if needed to support your case. For example he/she will organize any medical examinations that may be required to validate your injury.
There is a fixed period of time that the defender has to make a reply and to state whether they accept full responsibility for the accident or in some cases refuse to accept liability. This time is usually a maximum of three months.
If they accept liability then in the vast majority of cases it will be settled out of court.
Once your Lawyer has all the relevant medical reports and financial information he/she will contact the insurance company asking for an offer. Once that offer has been received he will then advise you on what the correct amount is you should accept. Your lawyer will advise you on which is the best way forward for you. see our compensation guide.
Failure to settle on an agreed amount out-of-court may lead to the initiation of court action. If the defender denies liability and refuses to pay compensation your solicitor will advise you as to whether it appropriate challenge them in court and ask the court to award you compensation.
All our Personal injury lawyers specialize in dealing with accident claims in Scotland and work on a no win no fee basis which means no matter what the outcome win or lose it won’t cost you a single penny.
What you will need to make Accident Claims
In order for our Lawyers to proceed with your claim they will need the following:
- The precise date and time of the accident took place and the location
- the names and contact details of any witnesses present
- Details of your doctor and any hospital you may have received treatment
- Any costs occurred due to treatments or therapy
Your Lawyer may also request
- proof of any loss of earnings and other financial expenses that are due to your injury
- any evidence that can be used to support your claim, including documents from before your accident or previous accidents in similar circumstances.
You must make your accident claim within a three year period. Any delay could make it difficult to achieve the maximum compensation so give us a call now on 0800 011 9547.
Accident Claims Scotland – types of injuries covered
Don’t be too quick to assume that you’ll not receive any kind of compensation because you were injured during an accident. Someone may still be to blame even in accidents. Ultimately, a personal injury solicitor is the best person to determine if you have the right to file a claim. Our team of specialists are waiting to help you get the compensation you deserve.
With the right personal injury specialist supporting you, the process for Accident Claims Scotland can be quick and easy. We work on a NO WIN NO FEE basis and our specialist lawyers will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injury. All your legal fees will be covered and it won’t cost you a penny.
CALL US NOW For FREE advice 0800 011 9547.
Here are the most common types of accidents and incidents that people file personal injury claims for.
- Road accident injuries. You can file for this type of claim whether you’re behind the wheel, a pedestrian, or an innocent bystander. What matters is that your lawyer can prove that the injuries you suffered were caused by another party’s negligent or wrongful actions.
- Medical negligence injuries. You can claim for compensation for this type of injury if you suffered from the mistakes made by a healthcare professional while working.
- Workplace injuries. This may take place in an office or factory setting. What matters is that you were in your workplace or performing a task that’s part of your job description when the injury took place.
- Slips, falls, and trips. Compensation may be claimed for this type of injury if your personal injury lawyer can prove that the incident which caused your suffering was the result of another party’s negligence or wrongful action.
- Defensive product injuries. This refers to injuries suffered due to use of a faulty or malfunctioning product.
- Criminal injuries. This refers to any kind of injury that you suffered due to a criminal assault.
- Industrial disease injuries. You can file a claim for this type of injury if you were inappropriately exposed to hazardous or toxic materials at your workplace or while performing your work and health complications – among other things – resulted from the exposure.
Making Accident Claims in Scotland – expert help and advice
Our specialist injury lawyers will fight your case to achieve the maximum amount of compensation for your specific injury. And take into consideration the exact circumstance which caused it to happen. Every claim is unique and our lawyers are highly qualified and experienced to get you the best outcome. Our expertise in Scottish Law will enable you to benefit from our in-depth knowledge and give your claim the required support it deserves.
For free professional expert advice for accident claims Scotland call 0800 011 9547